SUM College of Teacher Education offers a two year B.Ed Degree course spread across 4 semesters, with which each consisting of 100 working days. The admission is done through Kannur university Single Window System and admission criteria are determined by the university. The criteria are equitably applied to all the applicants. The college adheres strictly to university reservation policies during the admission process. The college offers training in 5 optional subjects, like English, Mathematics, Natural science, Physical Science and Social Science. There are 50 seats in total, with 5 merit seats and 5 management seats for each subjects. Additionally, 10% seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections among the forward casts based on merit. The admission committee ensures transparency in all it’s dealings to establish equity in the admission process through verification of certificates as per the guidelines in the prospectus in terms of merit, quota and category.
Criteria for Selection
The applicants must be qualified in the BA/BSc degree examination (under the 10+2+3 pattern) with one main/ core subject and two subsidiaries/complementary courses from this university as equivalent there to. They should be qualified with at least 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree (Science, Arts subjects) for part I+II+III together (common, core , complementary and open courses) or part III(core and complementary courses).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST need to pass the Degree examination.
- The candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Caste (SEBC) will be given a relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks.
- The candidates belonging to Other Eligible Candidates (OEC) will be given a relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks. Admission procedures will be started after the declaration of the degree examination results and shall be made through online centralized admission process (CAP).
Documents to be Produced at the time of the Interview
- SSLC, Plus Two Marklists
- Mark list of qualifying exam
- Original Degree/ Provisional Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (for students from universities other than Kannur university who have passed the Degree Examination.
- Community Certificate (for SC/ST /OEC/ OBH/SEBC/OBX/Other Backward Muslim Students)
- Income Certificate (for SC/ST/OEC/OBH/SEBC,OBX/Other Backward Muslim students. )
- NSS/NCC Certificate (if applicable)
- Four passport size photographs.
- Govt approved Fees of Self Financing B.Ed. colleges